This article explains how to install Real VNC on Raspberry PI.
However, there are a couple places that we ran into issues:
- Enable VNC is Missing
- Once your run the sudo command to install the server and client. You still may not see the setting to Enable VNC. If this is the case then you may need to enter the terminal using CTRL-ALT-F1 and then enter the command: sudo shutdown -r 0
- After the reboot is finished, then look for the option again.
- If you still cannot find the option from the menu -> preferences enter the terminal window again.
- Type: sudo raspi-config
- You will likely find the option here and can enable it. Once you enable it here it will show up under preferences as well.
- I installed Raspbian and VNC multiple times and sometimes it worked using the article and other times I needed to follow the above tips. I am not sure why but if you run into it too you have a solution.